- Home Page
- Upcoming Auctions
- Absentee Bidding
- About Us
In 1992, Larry Garton formed Garton's Auction Service and conducted his first consignment auction in Makinak Manitoba.
of serving hundreds of retiring farmers, business, estates & household residents with consistently high quality service and professional advice and knowledge.
We don’t give away free hats . . .
What we give is much more valuable!
- We work hard to achieve the best result possible for your auction.
- Where possible and practical, we sell individual items - to realize more money in your pocket - instead of selling a pallet full at a time.
- Top achieve top dollars, equipment will sell in prime time of the sale to avoid losing interested bidders who can’t wait all day.
- Some companies sell your tractor as fast as your crescent wrenches. We take the time to realize the highest dollars possible for your equipment.
- Advertising is expensive! Your auction advertising dollars will be put to use where they will be most effective for your auction. We will advertise as little or as much as is required to benefit your auction.
- Major newspaper & flyer advertising including our mailing lists are put where they will attract the most likely buyers.
- Low cost, high coverage internet advertising on www.gartonsauction.com, www.farmauctionguide.com and www.globalauctionguide.com web sites. We average 80 to 100 visitors per sale per day through the farm auction guide web site. This figure does not include visitors to its 50 plus syndicated auction web sites throughout Canada the US.
- Extensive photos on our internet sites to attract more bids from absentee & over the phone buyers who cannot attend in person.
- Credit card & INTERAC accepted to increase buyer purchasing power.
- We have the experienced auctioneers, ringmen, & handlers to keep your auction flowing fast and efficiently.
- Computerized cashiering & settlements ensures speedy transaction processing.
- We will tailor services to meet your requirements. Presale road signs, full colour posters, porta potties, parking attendants, tents, setup assistance, lunch services, and other specific requirements can be arranged.
- Whether your auction will net $25,000, $250,000 or $1million, we have the experience and qualifications to achieve top results for your sale. Your auction is extremely important to us regardless of the size or the colour of your equipment.
- Your bottom line and satisfaction with our service is our goal!
- Talk to someone we have auctioned for — our reputation speaks for itself.
Clear Voice, Clear Choice for your Auction Sale Needs!
or e-mail us at:
Our list of upcoming auctions can be viewed at Global Auction Guide
ABSENTEE BID INFO
ALL ABSENTEE BIDS MUST BE IN AT LEAST 2 OFFICE DAYS BEFORE THE SALE DATE !
To place an absentee bid, please read the following terms and conditions. If you agree upon these terms and conditions, you can submit the required information by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
By placing an absentee bid, the bidder agrees to be bound by Garton's Auction bids and agrees to pay the bid amount. Bids are irrevocable. They also understand that everything is sold AS IS, WHERE IS, without guarantee and agree that they have have read and agree to the ABSENTEE TERMS & RULES as set forth below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- On site purchases must be paid for with cash or good cheque before the removal of articles on the day of sale.
- GST & PST will be charged where applicable
- Auctioneer and/or Owners are not responsible for errors or omissions in the advertising and/or description of items in the sale
- Inspection of items is solely up to the buyer, all items are sold on an AS IS, WHERE IS basis. Once purchased, buyer is responsible for their own items
- NSF cheques or stoppage of payment will be subject to a fee of $25.00 plus all costs associated with the collection, legal costs, bank charges and other costs as may be associated with the collection of these funds.
- Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any person bidding privileges and/or to revoke such privileges at any time.
- Any dispute arising from the sale of an item will be handled at the auctioneers discretion and may be put up for sale again if he so chooses.
- Auctioneer and owners are not responsible in case of accidents or losses on the sale premises
ADDITIONAL TERMS & RULES FOR ABSENTEE BIDDERS
- All above terms and conditions apply equally to absentee bidders
- By placing an absentee bid, you are authorizing the auctioneer to bid on your behalf up to the limit of your bid. Once placed, the absentee bid is irrevocable and non-cancelable.
- If your bid is successful, you will be contacted by the auction company to arrange for pick up and payment.
- ALL SHIPPING COSTS ARE AT THE PURCHASERS EXPENSE. THE AUCTION COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHARGE A HANDLING / STORAGE FEE.
- Auctioneers will purchase your item(s) at the lowest possible price below your maximum bid. Auctioneers reserve the right to advance your bid at the going increment.
- All sales are final.
If you wish to submit an absentee bid at an upcoming sale, please indicate that you agree with the terms and conditions detailed on this page by clicking on the button below.
Owner/Auctioneer, Larry Garton & wife Carla are now living in Dauphin, Manitoba. Carla is a Clinical Services Manager (CSM) for the Parkland regional Health Authority. The move away from farming operations will allow more time to focus on the auction business and their three children, Madisson and twins Kenzey and Landyn.
There are many other volunteers who lend assistance to us at auctions and behind the scenes - We are greatful for you assistance!
In accordance with the “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act”; Garton´s Auction Service declares that information gathered by the auction company and/or its employees shall not be disclosed or sold to any outside group or used for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless required by law.